10 Reminders for a Happy Single Life
Post date: Jul 3, 2017 5:51:59 AM
By Jaytee A. Cristobal, RN
If you are reading this and you are in your mid 20s or wondering what it is like to be on this stage of life and still have not found a partner, here are some real life tips from a real life struggler of being single.
1. Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2. Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3. Press the send button. If you do not say it now, you never will.
4. Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5. You are more than the amount of people who superficially likes you.
6. That pit in your stomach when he does not text you back, it should not be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7. Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8. It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9. I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10. Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough.
I hope you find the love that you are looking for. I hope you feel complete despite of being alone. Enjoy being single while you are at it. That someone will come along in God’s perfect time.