Stressful days in the workplace and at home are inevitable. Deadlines for submission of reports, computation of grades, preparations for the next lessons and family responsibilities will always be demanding. But you can always control these situations. Yes! CONTROL, that’s the very foundation of how you can overcome stress. Focus on the things that can keep you calm and in control. Here are some ways on how you can overcome stress. Remember that there is no one solution to overcoming it.
1. Breathe. Breath is life so for you to be able to take control of your life, you must know how to breathe. Proper breathing is the secret to a longer life and makes you stay away from emotional issues such as anxiety and depression.
2. Sleep. A good night’s sleep can lower the stress level. Stress and sleep are believed to have an effect on our cardiovascular health. Sleep also improves memory and spurs creativity. It helps us avoid irritability.
3. Take in lots of water. Who won’t relish the feeling of taking in cool drinking water? Despite the fact that it is tasteless, we all need it. It helps remove toxins from our bodies and relieves headaches and back pain after a busy day. Drinking sufficient water is of utmost importance for a healthy lifestyle.
4. Go for a walk. Walking relaxes the body by channeling anxiety and nervous energy into physical activity. It calms the mind by promoting focused awareness. It is like restarting your entire system and you can do it in a little time as it takes to walk to the library or to the office.
5. Reduce caffeine intake. Caffeine triggers anxiety. Anxiety is a feeling of worry and nervousness. Caffeine can increase heart rate which can lead to nervousness and agitation. It may even spur panic attacks.
6. Play the music. Music is known to be stress reliever. You can wake yourself up with music, it also helps you feel less like you’re wasting your time in traffic and more like you’re having some nice time to yourself, it will enable you to savor your meal and serves as your company as you eat, it can also raise your energy level and have fun as you clean your working area. Playing music counteracts the effects of stress by taking your mind off of what’s stressing you.
7. Accept things that you can’t change. Don’t try to control the uncontrollable. There are things in life that you can’t change no matter how much you might want to or try. Rather than stressing out over them, just focus on the things you can control.
8. Stay positive. Surround yourself with positive people who enhance your life. Build connections with family and friends. Step away from negative situations and negative people. Fill your life with meaningful activities.
Overcoming stress in your life takes a lot of hard work, but will be all worth it. If you’re not stressed, you’ll be able to sleep better and enjoy your daily interactions with people around you. Making your mind and body relaxed is one of the best gifts you can give to yourself.
Readings taken from the World Wide Web (Yahoo)
LOVELY JOEMER D.F. SOLLIGUE
Teacher I, COBNHS
Latest News >